Friday, June 22, 2012

1.3- Smile. Nod. Love it.

"Hello? Hello?"
There was no response on the other end. But wait- didn't it say "Blake and Val" on the caller ID? They live in Twinbrook now, and I was surprised that they decided to move there. If my sis gets serious about a guy, the whole world has changed.
But it has, hasn't it? I would never in a million years 2 years ago think that I would cheat on my finace. Sure, someone could steal a kiss, that wouldn't be that bad.
But to be pregnant- with another man's child- is disgusting.
Simply disgusting.
"L-l-l-ove?"
"Valentina?"

She burst into sobs, and I couldn't help but roll my eyes at her.
"Valentina, tell me, for God's sake!"
"It all started one night- I was out drinking with Gella and Gella's boyfriend and Blake crashed the party-then w-w-we tried-"
"What? Oh, yes. Tried. Carry on."
"-and now I'm dizzy, constantly sick and craving mint jelly beans. L-love we said no kids until I'm 30. Now I-I can't believe it. I honestly can't. Blake is in Starlight Shores so I can't tell him. I-"
"Valentina, are you implying that you're pregnant?"
"I am!"
"Have you taken a test?"
"...No."
"Well then, Val, don't mess up my plans with your silly worries. Still up to keep Adam?"
"Yeah, yeah."
"I have to go. Bye."
With a roll of my eyes I switched off the chrome phone. I swept my fingers across the chrome back, and almost straight away the doorbell rang.
Newbie, Dawn, Addy, Ashby and Alina were there. Without even a simple hello to me, they all crowded around Adam. He smiled at them, his freckles spreading further down his nose.
"Well, guys, let's get going," Bryn said, and jingled his car keys. "I have to drop Adam off at Valentina's in Twinbrook, which is an hour drive away, and then we can go. I hear there's some dress shopping today?"
"Pssht. No. Who would think that?"
"...because you told me so this morning?"
"Shut, up, little one," Addy said, and punched him on the shoulder. "Now, boys, no strippers."
"..."
"Newbie," Dawn said, waving a warning finger at him, "You-"
He silenced her with a kiss, and Ashby roared with laughter. Clark smiled, and signaled to Love to come towards him as Bryn went to strap Adam in the car.
"Clarky, I have the girls here-"
"No, Love, I think it's time for us to end it. It's not fair on Bryn. I love you, but you don't love me. You love Bryn."
"Clark-"
"Love, friends?"
"Friends."
There was one last hug, one last embrace, and I felt a puzzle piece slotting into place.
I swear I heard him say, "I love you."


-<3-

"Now, girls, let's go upstairs!"
"What?"
"Just go, Lovie!" Addy pushed me.

Here is the video of my dress fitting! It may move slowly, or fast, I dunno. (I hope it works. If it doesnt I'l put it on facebook.)

I was so tired. I  drove home sluggishly, and time ticked by. Adam hopped in the back seat and sang along to the ABC's. I peered down at my cellphone.
1 NEW MESSAGE

Newbie- Love, please, Bryn is one of my best friends. Leave Clark alone.

Fury.
Hatered.
Annoyance.

Dawn.

I called her up, spitting rage already.
"Hello?"
"Dawn, I hate you!"
"Love?"
"How could you tell Newbie?"
"Tell him what?"
"Don't play stupid with me, you venomous bitch! You do know! Now he knows about Clark!"
Silence.
"I did not tell Newbie. I don't want to be accused of what I didnt do. So maybe I WONT BE THE MAID OF HOUNOUR OF SOMEONE WHO CLEARLY DOESN'T WANT ME TO BE!"
"FINE THEN! "
beep.
-

Bryn heard the beep of his phone and picked it up in exasperation. Where as Love?
"Mr Windfield?"
"Yes?"
"Officer Johnson here. I  would like to just inform you of the pile up on the N1 . Your fiance was in the car and your two sons were killed. She is in critical condition-it's best for her to die."




2 comments:

  1. "It's best for her to die"?!?! Jeepers, officers know how to be insensitive. O.o

    Just started reading your story, and I'm loving it so far. ^_^

    -Destiny ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, thanks, Dessie. I've been reading the Rose Legacy too! I stayed up all night reading from the wedding of Destiny and Alex to Gen 2!
    -Love

    ReplyDelete